So I have had this book called ‘The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook: Delicious Dairy-Free Cheeses and Classic ‘Uncheese’ Dishes by Jo Stepaniak for quite some time. It wasn’t until today when a Friend ‘Kathleen’ brought the subject up that I remembered it. I wanted to share a recipe with her and thought I’d post it here to share with everyone! I have not made this yet but I plan on making it and posting piccys! So if you do make this please let me know in the comment section below what you think of it. Let me see a pic and tell me your lovely vegan story!
Gee Whiz Spread
- 2 cups drained cooked or canned white beans ( One 15 or 16 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (skin and seeds removed), or pimiento pieces
- 6 to 8 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sesame tahini or cashew butter
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each: garlic and onion powder
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until completely smooth and evenly colored (this may take several minutes). Stop processor and scrape down sides of bowl as necessary during processing. Chill thoroughly before serving. Keeps 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator.
- In place of the red peppers, use 1/2 cup cooked chopped carrots, or 3/4 teaspoon paprika, or 2 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste.
- For an ‘aged cheddar’ flavor, add 1 to 2 teaspoons light or chickpea miso.
Per 2 Tablespoons:
If you would like to purchase the cookbook then please do so below:
or for you lovely kindle users: