So on the back of a can of sauce was a recipe for this Enchilada Soup and well being me I tweaked it to my own version YAY!! I used the original recipe for inspiration and below is what I came up with.
- 4 Cups of Water (or you can use Vegetable Broth mmm)
- 1 Can (28oz) Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Can Finely Chopped Tomatoes (I like to get the kind that have chilies)
- Finely Chopped Fresh Tomatoes (if you love your tomatoes you can add as many as you want, use your inner chef to tell you what to do haha)
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 Cans Corn
- Cumin (at least a teaspoon)
- Dried Oregano Leaves (at least a teaspoon)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Corn Tortillas (cut into small strips)
I’m the type of cook that intuitively tosses amounts into the pot. I know what I like so I add more of something and I suggest you do the same. Make it your own! I think Next time I make this i’ll add some Cilantro to the recipe!
So I added some Olive Oil to a large saucepan and let it heat up. Once it was warm I added my Garlic and let it cook for a minute, then I added my Onions and stirred it up a bit. I then proceeded to add my tomatoes and corn. Added my Water and Enchilada Sauce. I allowed it to heat up and while stirring I added the rest of my ingredients except for the Tortillas. I add more Cayenne Pepper to it as I like it spicey. You can add salt as well if you need to. Let it cook (I simmered for about 30 minutes – uncovered)
While your Soup is cooking get a skillet out and add Oil to it, let it heat up then add your corn strips until crisp. Then drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining strips.
Once everything is cooked place your soup in a bowl and add a handful of your tortilla strips to the top and YUMMILICIOUS!!
If you decide to take this recipe and make it your own please share with us what you decide to do with it and how you like it! OMM!!!